So Many Issues To Contend With:
- The lack of jobs especially for adults leaves us with so much to take care of but there is no means of income, how do you survive it? Major problem
- Even for those who have jobs, the income or salaries they receive is not even enough to cater for their numerous problems like feeding, health, getting a family, etc
- Another problem comes with those with jobs, but they are never happy with it and are always looking out for something better. Unfortunately, we are not in a country where with enough energy, you can go out for as many jobs that pay per time basis.
- Some who even have businesses are losing steam because these businesses don’t fetch them what they want. So they keep spending all their capital hoping for a rainfall someday which may never come. The result of it most times is that in every 100 businesses opened, over 97% gets shut down within months and they are back to the streets again searching for some opportunities.
- Professionals like Doctors, Nurses, Lawyers, Engineers, and the likes are getting even hurt the most. These are people who ordinarily should be leaving their dreams after spending a whole lot of years learning what they practice today.
Reasons Why These Problems Has Persisted
- The question is, why all of these? Why are people even when we know the monies flow in the system cannot be able to sustain livelihood?
- In my search for reasons, I stumbled on a few reasons. These reasons even though can’t be blamed on us today also has a flip side.
I say this because, yes these mentalities about how money and a good life is created is something we were taught and had been there even before we were born.
Our parents also came to meet it and decided to pass it on to us..
Unfortunately, these teachings even though are very important to the success of any man has little impacts in a successful life and finances.
Some of these teachings were subtle, and I must refer to them as good home training.
First, we were told to be contented with what we have.
We were told to be humble and never argue with an elder
We were told respect is a virtue, so even when people disrespect us, we should just walk away.
We were told to work like a horse and eat very little or else we will become lazy
We were told to always pray no matter the situations.
Sincerely, these are powerful home trainings, and as good as they are, have made so many of us lose sight of the real deal here.
Why I said we can be blamed partly is because we never get to ask questions about the things we came to meet. We just take on it and pass it to another generation.
These are very strong reasons we have a very unstable life. These are reasons we can never be rich. These are reasons that even when we are broke, we stick to the old ways are keep hoping for a rainfall someday.
The Usual Solutions You Would Get
- For those who intend to break out, they rather take to the awkward ways.. Like fetism, criminality, prostitution, and in fact, the men are now sleeping with older women in a bid to have their bills paid.
- For some sane persons, they look for the quick wins in terms of money-making, so you see that today they are in one quick money-making scheme or another..
- Some tend to always look for jobs, from one company to another.
- Some professionals take on jobs, not for the quality but just because they must make some little monies to sustain livelihood.
- There are many more options people take, but for our time here, I would love to share some very important tips I learned from a great mentor.
And if you decide to listen and practice these things, I can assure you that though your can’t have the magic of changing your entire income or life in one swoop, but of course, gradually things will change.
This isn’t an overnight success.
So stick with me as I share these 10 important tips that can change your income and life drastically.
But What If We Explore A Totally Different Approach Like These Ones?
- Here is the first one. Purpose.
A man with a purpose, already knows that the gap between failure and success is a function of his or her ability to rise above the hurdles of an unclear future and walk towards a meaningful existence.
All successful people are purposeful in their existence. They have a clear vision of where they are going, where they are and where they are coming from.
The purpose is an important factor that can change your life and income drastically because clarity is a very important factor when a man decides on the direction to go.
Now, purpose is not just knowing where to go, it has a very important influence in driving you towards your ultimate goal.
It’s that force inside of you that keeps you alive even when things don’t seem to be working in your directions.
Simply put, Purpose is that force that drives and pushes you forward into your future.
Purpose also has the power to help you in overcoming challenges no matter how difficult they are. It is what keeps you on the right track even when these challenges seem overwhelming so that you don’t derail.
The fact is that, most times when you come face to face with challenges, there is a high percentage that you will become confused.
But with purpose, you’ll see these challenges as mere distractions.
Purpose shows you the big image and tells you to stay focused, because ultimately, that’s where you belong.
So, always understand and use your purpose to enlarge your imagination which in turn will help to create new ways you need to be able to achieve your goals.
Once purpose sets in, your vision for what works will begin to come, and it starts with the necessary skills you will need to maneuver through those challenges.
Here are some positive sides of having a great purpose
- Purpose has the power to make you become obsessed. And of course, one of the key things I have learned over the years is to become obsessed with whatever I want to achieve. Powerful secret from Grant… Be obsessed or be average.
Obsession, keeps you going even when everyone thinks it has come to an end.
So you need purpose.
- Next is that purpose prevents distractions –
The truth is naturally, we are always faced with distractions in life.
Especially when bad things happen to us.
And once bad things happen, a lot of us get pulled back or gets stalled. At that moment, we become heavily distracted.
Purpose, and I mean a genuine one, will take care of distractions instantly.
- Again, purpose pulls you through all kinds of challenges no matter how difficult it is.
- Furthermore, without purpose, your day can easily be marred. Things will hurt your feelings easily. But with purpose, your excitement overshadows a bad day or a hurt.
- Purpose is a conscious state of mind that looks beyond now, today, tomorrow, next week, next month or even 10 years away.
- Lastly on the positive sides of purpose is that you must understand that the more dynamic your purpose is, the more it affects your entire life, your spirit, and your mind. Which in turn translates to the physical results in your finances.
So, always endeavor to allow for a great and dynamic purpose to play out in your life.
Purpose is a beautiful thing.
- The second and very important life and income changing force is Self Confidence.
We all know literally what it means.
But beyond the literal definition, let me share my thought on how it affects your life and can change your finances drastically.
Of course we all know what Self-confidence does. We know it makes us feel good about ourselves, helps our mindsets, and brings about a sense of positivities.
But how do you create self-confidence? It’s simply by working really hard on yourself. It is also working hard on the task you set out to do each day.
And knowing that each task gets you closer to your purpose in life.
And the moment you begin to get things done especially in fulfillment of your ultimate purpose, your confidence begins to grow.
A knowledge of the fact that you know what to do and you are doing it gradually brings a whole lot of confidence in you. Especially as the results from the small work or task being done provides you with real evidences even when everyone else is blind to it.
Now, the advice here is simple…. Make sure all the small goals you have set each day towards the ultimate goal or purpose are completed.
The moment that starts happening, you will see productivity rise, and an increase in your self-confidence will begin to blossom.
Here are a few positives on self-confidence that you must know.
- Never neglect the small day’s disciplines that will improve your performance each day – Reading, Exercising, Relating, Listening, Speaking, just those important self-development routines you need in your life each day.
For example, read a chapter of a book each day, exercise for at least 30 minutes each day, look at your finances each day, call 5 or 10 of your clients to build personal relationship each day, call 2 or 3 of your family members each day, call your friends.
It doesn’t have to be a big task…
Just take it bit by bits.
Tough but will get you your needed confidence as you go on. Just do it without fail. This is usually tough when you start but with time, it becomes easy. And you’ll begin to feel so excited about it.
- Next is, It makes you feel good about yourself and your self-confidence rises.
- Another positive to it is that self-confidence only comes from avoiding to neglect the task you’ve resolved to do each day. Don’t allow for procrastination to set in.
Whatever you chose to do each day, follow through to the end.
Do not justify why you shouldn’t do it.
The moment you begin to neglect one little one of those tasks, it grows to 2, and then 3, 4, 5… eventually leads to a disastrous life.
Self-confidence needs that daily accomplishment of task.
- Again, self-confidence affects your health, affects your psyche,…. And I mean either positively or negatively. On the negative, the moment your self-confidence drops, your health starts failing. Your psyche begins to dwindle in the negatives. You’ll begin to lose trust in yourself. So avoid it.
But on the other hand, the moment your self-confidence rises, your health gains more strength, your psyche becomes even stronger… Nothing gets you down easily.
- Self-confidence is willingness to do whatever it takes not minding the physical, emotional or spiritual hurdles that comes to your way.
- Self-confidence comes from the ability to rise above what happens to you
- And lastly, with self-confidence, It’s about just keeping at it. Never be distracted.
- Next on the list is Enthusiasm.
Now, whenever self-confidence is playing out, you’ll notice that enthusiasm is also by the side. Successful people are enthusiastic. It is simply about being passionate about what you do. It is the excitement that comes with the things you are able to create and show to others.
Here you are excited about the results you will get or you have gotten. And listen to me, when you love your work you will affect others and inspire them to do as best as they can in the things that make them strong.
When you show people enthusiasm in what you do, they begin to be infected by what drives you and will eventually begin to see how much of what works from your inside. They will begin to believe in you.
Now this is important.
The human nature is affected by the emotions. And enthusiasm is best driven by emotions. What they feel from your creativity brings them close to you.
That’s a secret about salespeople that you must also know.
Here are some positives about enthusiasm.
- The Most powerful enthusiasm is the one inside and that takes about 90% while the one that people get to see is just 10%. However, that of the inside is what connects you to the level of success you want to achieve because emotions are what drives it.
- Again, enthusiasm is created by self-confidence, purpose, and goes on to affect the people around you.
- Lastly, it is usually unheard, because it is inside of you. But listen, it is a powerful force that can change your life and income.
- Now the 4th one is Expertise.
What is expertise? Listen to this here…..
If you can show that you are best of the best, and have learned everything you can in a particular field people will respond to you in a better way.
If you can devote your time to becoming an expert in anything you have chosen as your path to your greater purpose in life, nothing under heavens can be a shot-stopper for you.
To simply put this, expertise is a force that opens anything up for you.
So, learn about everything that matters in that chosen field of yours. Become the go-to expert.
When people think it, they think you as the solution provider.
Only then can your life change and of course your income will change drastically too.
Now take the positives here…
- Once you chose a field, be hungry to excel in all of the skills required in it and refuse to settle for less. This is to say, if you are a mechanic, just go crazy and become skillful in that field, so much that people will be the ones making reference for you.
Take a look at doctors, lawyers, technicians around and you’ll see exactly what I mean.
The best among them gets a lot of referrals without selling themselves.
- Another positive you must take to the bank here is for you to always do the best you can in developing your skills. Never settle for mediocrity.
- The 5th is Preparation
Preparation they say when meets opportunity, success is inevitable.
It is simply having the ability to constantly get ready for the things ahead of us. That’s what aids the success we always want.
If we don’t spend the time preparing for the things ahead we will miss out on many opportunities. Search for the things that make you a better person and learn about it. Build the skills, reach out to the people, learn the techniques.
Here are some positives…
- You must always be ready, not just for today, but at all times
- Sometimes it seems like a long time, which is usually very true, but just keep at it,
- Prepare to have a good day before the day
- Prepare yourself for success, because life doesn’t waste its resources and time on someone who isn’t ready or who isn’t prepared.
- Don’t just look for the fortune, prepare for it.
- Life isn’t designed to give us what we want but what we are prepared to receive
- Just as the bible says it. Search and you will find. Ask and it will be given, so is preparation. It guarantees success.
- Be ready for challenges, opportunities, circumstances because it will all come.
- You can never be as powerful as you would want to be except by preparations. The fact is, life is in stages. For you to be qualified for the next stage, you must be prepared with the first stage.
- Your next level in life is your ability to overcome the hurdles of this level in life. So, be prepared.
- Next positive is for you to be valuable. Preparation brings your value to the table.
- To be prepared, you need to read, you need to study… Be prepared always
- Self Reliance.
– Be Independent and make sure that you can be responsible for anything that comes your way. Be the person who can count on themselves when it comes to the crunch and so you don’t make excuses for things going wrong around you.
- Simply looking mostly to yourself
- Primarily rely on yourself – Be responsible
- Being the final backstop
- Never complain and never explain
– When you are seen as the person in control, the one who can be a great leader and use their power to help others they will want to help in return. Also know that the image of yourself is important to you also, as the way we act and think effects how well we can tackle tasks and complete objectives. Be the best you can.
- How other people see you – Image of being in charge, control, on a journey you can attract people
- Image of influence is important
- Your image of yourself is important – Think, talk, dress, skill
- This self- image is important – You can use that to build yourself
- Looking at the mirror and saying this is how I appear to myself
– When we show that we have the character to do the right thing and stick at our goals, rather than try for a while then give up we become people of integrity. We can grow and show that nothing is impossible, which leads to more growth and a success of its own. When we care for those around us they will stay on our journeys forever.
- Becoming of high value, principle, earns respect, attitude, integrity
- System fail because they were not constructed with doing the right thing, integrity, character,
- Not a character that fails to take advantage when necessary
- Willing to do the right thing.
- Building, developing your own character
– Never let up and stick at your tasks. Be regimented in the jobs you have the tasks you set so you can be reliable to those around you. Do your part, to bring the whole of a project or business together.
- Sometimes it’s easy to mess up and let it go
- Of course, we are human to make mistakes, but we must be disciplined enough to avoid these mistakes or the problems we cause intentionally
- Demand excellence from yourself.
– To obtain the great things that you want, you must do the great things that go along with it to make it complete. Make sure you get the very best and settle for nothing other than absolute excellence.
- The power of extraordinary performance and demand excellence from yourself
- If you must get extraordinary results, you must be willing to do the extraordinary things
- Mediocre is not an option
- Society doesn’t demand these great things from you. You must demand of yourself
Thanks for your time with me
I hope you have been influenced by these teachings….
I will see you again soon.