“All That Glitters Is Not Gold”
In early 2000 when the internet got bursted and became a popular platform for enriching people, this same period became one of the years that uncountable people lost almost everything to a point that 90% of those I know are still trying to recover from the shock till this day.
While that holds real, over 99% never recovered their losses till this moment and may the soul of the demised who lost their lives in the event of these mishaps rest in perfect peace. Amen!
Away from our usual Motivational, Business Development, Marketing and Sales coaching, today I thought to share with us a very important detail as captioned above.
This is important because I have had a fair deal of the ordeal in the past too and I wouldn’t want you to fall victim.
In fact, even if I’ve to pause for hours to appeal to you never to buy anything that excites you whether online or offline, I would do it because I know the effect and of course what it has done to so many bright futures.
It is even sad that after reading this piece, some of you will still fall victim.
Nonetheless, they say “To Be Forewarned Is To Be Forearmed.”
Did I get that English well at all?
Please correct me if you find it wrong. What’s most important for me now is to pass my message.
In this piece, I want to teach you exactly how to identify products that will not just take your monies but also be able to give you values way above what you’ve paid for.
Let me briefly tell you this story first.
In 2012 while I was going through Brokiasis (My new vocabulary for a disease that has to do with poverty to level zero or being broke that even the poor call you poorest). Lol.
A Bad disease isn’t it?
My lighting bulbs and tube products that didn’t sell enough then and which was sustaining me is one among many failures I made in buying anyhow products because it got me excited.
The reason is because, when I was doing that business, it was so bad that I would sell probably like one in a whole month or two before I get another buyer.
My lack of selling skills both online and offline was one of the causes I failed in the business too.
But again, it taught me a lesson.
And that’s one of the reasons I said, in my life, I will ensure I learn every skill that has to do with selling both online and offline.
Thanks to that courage and decision I made.
Today, I can say I’m near or if not the Master Sales King – I’m still yet to prove this anyway. Lol.
Well, as I was saying, it was that bad.
Guess what was running through my head at this time.
I wanted to just make money.
I would do anything to have money. Not anything oooo. I mean anything legitimate.
So, while I was thinking about what to do, I was also scouting both online and offline.
Behold one of the first losses I made during this time was when I discovered a guy advertising a product that will teach me how to make money online in just 30 days.
Wow! Fresh like yesterday…… Lol
I feel like crying now for falling victim though.
Well, I was lucky and unlucky at the same time.
This guy looks real and was a Nigerian based online entrepreneur.
So, I called their line.
Now one of the lucky parts was that he agreed to collect N25k from me and I didn’t need to travel to Lagos.
The second lucky part was that, during this period, I sold one of my lights for N24k and I can’t remember how I made up for the rest again sha. Lol.
The unlucky part will wait until I get there. So, stick with me.
I went ahead and paid into their account and they sent me the materials.
I watched and watched and read and read.
Nothing made sense to me a poor rookie.
I wouldn’t say everything was jargon. But I wasn’t learned as the Lawyers would say. So, everything looked like junk to me.
Though in recent years I tried to look through the package again and could find a few things reasonable but not for me anymore.
Now the Unlucky part right?
I know you’ve been waiting for this one.
I got really broke and more hungry.
The 30 days came and went away like a breeze. I was still struggling to start.
The only meaning from it was knowing that Godaddy and Namecheap were domain and web hosting sites. And if I wanted to build a website, I could go there and buy the websites domain names and host my websites with them too.
As a determined man who wanted to make money in 30 days, I fell for it and wasted some beautiful coins there too sha.
That was indeed a big bad investment for me especially at a time when I was damn broke.
These things happen every day and the worst part is that it comes in various forms these days.
I remember another one that sent me over 1,000 articles the very period I lost my job with a bank and was trying to find another job.
I had paid the guy N20,000 and jeez, he sent me information too many to even start reading. This happened in 2008/2009 before I got recalled again to the bank and later my eventual personal decision to resign.
You may have heard about the most recent ones or maybe you’re a victim too like I was.
The “MMM” saga that claimed many lives came and has gone with its wind leaving so many lifeless and in pains today.
The various wealth creation programs which include networking, save-a-life; donate-for-a-cause; etc are many a few of these programs that in the end promises to get you rich.
Many of these schemes are predators hanging in the air and looking for preys like you to take their pounds of flesh from.
This is the reason that today, I have become an enemy to many of them both online and offline because I tell them straight to stop talking whenever I’m approached with it.
The reason is because of the fact that I hate people wasting my valuable time.
Now, the question you may be asking is; Does it mean we shouldn’t buy anything online that looks attractive?
You want my answer here right?
I would simply say – That’s not what I mean.
What I mean is that, before you buy anything online, you must take some simple steps first.
- Do a Research on the product or service first – Yeah, don’t just buy anything. Try to conduct personal research first. And this is what to do. Go online and Google about the product. There is a likely hood, others are using it. Find out about their reviews on it. Now, you also stand a chance of making a mistake here too because there are so many robotic reviews online that looks like they are real. Be warned. Furthermore, take a look at the various websites talking about the product. Are there real forums discussing it? Again, you may not get all the needed information because there is also a likely hood the product owner may not have engaged Forums or media outfits to market for them. Also, there are self-publishers like my humble self, who wouldn’t want to use forums or media outfits to publicy their products or services. These same people may also not even have agents or affiliates to market their products or services for specific reasons. In such cases, go ahead and take the next step.
- Do a Research on the Seller or Product Owner – This is so important. It could either be the product owner or an affiliate that you met online. But try to find out about the product owner and do research on them. What information to look out for when doing research on them? Check their websites, and find out about topics they’ve written that relates to the products and its use. Make sure you go into details about the findings because you’ll need this in the subsequent actions you’ll be taking.
- Compare Products – Now, at this point, also try to look for similar solutions online and compare the products or services with others you could find. If it’s a new product and no one has it, then this is a good thing. But make sure to do thorough research on the product or service. In comparing with others, look out for the solutions they all provide as compared to the one in question. Look out for the unique things in them. If this one you want to buy doesn’t have some unique features like the others. Note it down and be ready to ask the product seller or owner when you get in touch with them. If there are just impossible unique things this product offers, note it down too and be ready to ask why they are providing those unique things that others don’t provide.
- Ask for a one-on-one discussion with the product owner – You may not have the opportunity to meet big-time sellers or product owners online or offline. In such circumstances, you can go ahead and discuss with their sales representatives. Another way to meet with the owners is to search for them on any of the social media platforms where they host others. Try to ask your questions there.
- Ask for evidences – This may not always be available but try to ask for it. And I mean real life pieces of evidence from the product owner. If you can get this and how it worked, then go to bed with your eyes closed while investing in the products or services. There is also a possibility you may not get evidences for the use of the product from other users, but if the owner has evidence of how they’ve used it. Get to the details first with them before you take that decision.
- Ask for Money Back Guarantee after purchase – Always ask for Money Back Guarantee of at least 14 days of purchase. There are many real-time owners that will give you up to 30 days. Just ask for it, so that if what you bought isn’t what you thought it was, then they should refund your monies.
- Take A Risk – Finally, every investment is a risk. You must bear this in mind. Don’t just think life is easy. Take a giant stride and be happy taking a risk. I mean reasonable risk. Not the one that said, swallow this pill and trailer won’t crush you. Not that type. Please take a genuine and meaningful risk.
Now, that I have given this piece to you. I want you to use this very approach when you want to buy my book – “How To Start A Business Without Money” too.
You need to follow these steps and I mean every single step of it.
Once you’re satisfied, then go ahead and place your order here.
Did you enjoy this piece?
Let me also take a risk on you now.
This is the risk I want to take on you. Please stop smiling and let me take the risk.
Please share this piece on your page.
I’ll see you again soon.
Bye for now.
Be Great! Nothing Else Pays!!!