If you already have a product or service that you sell to prospects/customers, you’ll agree with me that your major purpose is to increase sales at every point in time because that’s what keeps you in business.
But there is one underlying reason why you’re also in business which most people usually don’t talk about.
And that’s the fact that the essence you are in business is to provide value not to make money.
Because it is the value that brings money.
People will only buy your product or service if they are certain it will solve a problem for them.
For example, the reason I would sell a camera phone today is because I know that beyond helping my customers make calls, these phones will also help cut cost for them because they won’t have to invite a cameraman to follow them everywhere especially during important and memorable times to take them snapshots.
All they need to do is simply bring out their phones and turn on the camera buttons. Take as many photos as they want.
Do you understand where I am driving at now?
I simply sell camera phones for VALUES.
1. Cutting expenses
2. Readily available camera
3. More pictures can be taken with extra cost
4. Taking photos at my time without pressure.
And the lists goes on and on….. VALUES
Every product/service is intended for VALUE. That’s why you are in business.
But then why do people just watch your products or services and rather prefer to get it elsewhere instead.
Do not rush to say it’s all luck….
Simply, it is because most salespeople are ignorant of what it takes to create and position their products or services for the ultimate sales results.
Today, I shall be talking about how you can create or recreate your products or services for the ultimate sales experience.
Now let’s ride.
Every product or services were created with the intentions to sell.
But that is the mistake……..
Products/Services are supposed to be created to solve problems.
If your product/services are not solving a problem then there is a need to look deeper.
As an Entrepreneur, your job is SOLUTIONS – You’re a PROBLEM SOLVER, not a creator.
So, if you have a product or service I want you to follow these steps to reposition your product for increased sales.
If you are just about to start a business, then this is also an opportunity for you to begin to think rightly.
Here are the steps:
1. Identify the problems – If you have a product or service, what problem/problems is it solving? Write them down. And make sure you identify at least the best 3. It doesn’t matter if other people are already selling the products. Do enough research and create even more problems it solves. So you can prepare yourself for the pitch.
2. Identify the specific market that has the problem you intend to solve. – Remember I once talked about the fact that your product is not for everybody. So, at this stage, you need to identify those that are having the problems you intend to solve. For example, if you are selling baby wears. Who are your targets? I’m sure you will be in a rush to say, mothers. Nope! Your targets are couples. In fact younger couples.
Then go further to say, younger couples with high-income streams. That’s narrowing down on your target audience. Be thorough at this stage, so you don’t have to waste your time. Good enough those selling products and services online can enjoy the easy classification because most internet marketing platforms now have data for everyone online.
So, Facebook will simply help you identify them just like Instagram, Twitter and the rest. Have you ever wondered why you are thinking about something that you had to go online to search for it? Then after a few days or weeks, an advert pops up right in front of you? That’s because the internet platforms have your data and they know you want to solve that problem.
3. Identify existing solutions – I already talked about this earlier in relation to the problems. So here, you will start identifying all the solutions your product or service provides to solve the earlier identified problems.
For instance, if the problem you identified earlier for children wears has it that parents don’t have the luxury to go into the market to shop for kids’ wears, or they want products that can last longer in quality for their kids, just name.
Then your solution identification now will be 1. My products are made of 100% pure cotton, and this solves the problem of quality and longevity for my target customers.
Again, you could look at the fact that your product can be delivered to wherever at a free shipping cost. Just keep listing the solutions. Now, intentionally find the path to create uniqueness with your product. It has to be unique. That takes us to point No. 4
4. Create your solutions with unique experiences – Bearing in mind; Easy Access to the solutions; Easy Usage; Durability(wear & tear); Life span; Cost of acquisition; After Sales Services; just keep them coming.
5. Identify where your target audience is; Where they spend their time the most. If you are offline. Where can you find them? Young couples that have the resources are usually business people, they work in private companies, they are always flying in and out of the airports.
Does this make sense to you?
Well, that’s how to identify an offline target audience. As for an online target audience, Facebook is a good shot. Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, just name it. But again, you can’t be identifying ages 13 to 22 or even 24 as your target audience. Most of these age groups are still playing and are yet to settle for a real life.
So, your target audience online will take note of ages between 25 and 39 or even 45 because we still have men that are yet to get married at 45.
Or may have just gotten married. (No offence intended please as I am just being very open to ensure you learn exactly what I am trying to pass across.
6. Identify the best platforms for reaching out to them – Now, because there are so many of these platforms as mentioned above, it will be unhealthy for you to start everywhere especially when you have limited time and you are probably just working alone.
So, the idea here is for you to pick a few to start with first. But in case you have more hands to help you out. Why not?
In this part of the world, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and WhatsApp are the few platforms that are gaining a lot of attention these days. So, you may just start with these few.
The online platforms have provided more successes today than offline platforms. So, you may adopt this for a start. Use Audio/Visual Media; Print Media; Direct Calls; BulkSMS; Cold Calls; Market Storms/Road Shows as it soothes you.
7. Start with sharing knowledge about these products/services on the platforms. This will have to do with great skill in content creation. Unfortunately, it is the reason most people fail even when they know how to sell online. So, you’ve got to learn this skill specially.
Grab a copy of my book “How To Start A Business Without Money” to learn about this skill.
8. Make Your Sales by advertising your products & services – Once you start having followership from contents being created. Then you can start selling. In fact, with great contents, people will start begging you to help them find these solutions that you talk about while creating contents.
9. Delivery is key to your success – Deliver on promise always. Integrity & Relationship connects you to more business and increased sales.
10. Finally, Note that people buy from the emotions they have or feel for the problem they want to solve. So it’s your job to first identify those problems and the effect it creates if not solved. Then show them how you solve it using your products or services.
I will be discussing emotions and how it affects buying decisions in future.
Let me know if you want it discussed and I will come with it.
Meanwhile, don’t forget that all of these have been discussed and clearly spelt out in my book.
Go over and grab your copy now while it is at this price.
If you enjoyed this piece, kindly share with friends on your timeline.
I will see you soon.